Birthday Parties at the Arboretum
Cora Hartshorn Arboretum Birthday Parties are offered each Saturday from September - June (except major Holidays)
There are 2 times available each Saturday: 11:30 AM -1:00 PM or 2:00 PM-3:30 PM
Description of Cora Hartshorn Arboretum (CHA) Birthday Party:
The CHA offers 90 minute birthday parties for children ages 3-12. Your child and 15-20 of their friends will enjoy a 45 minute nature-themed program, including a guided hike through the CHA woodlands* Birthday parties are offered exclusively to individuals with a CHA membership.
• Stone House Rental: $200
• * CHA Nature Program: $100 (you can choose to use outside vendors for education programs)
• Additional Time: $50 for 30 minute addition (requires 4 weeks advance notice)
• Non-refundable Deposit: $50 non-refundable deposit is required in order to hold the date and time
CHA Nature-themed Programs:
• Animal Show (ages 3-12)
• Bugs and Slugs (ages 3-10)
• Trees and Leaves (ages 5-12)
• Birds 101 (ages 8-12)
• Animal Tracks (ages 8-12)
• Shelter Building (ages 10-12)
What CHA Provides:
Stone House Education Center, which includes:
- Center's Live Animals for observation
- Kitchen with sink, stove/oven, and refrigerator/freezer
- Counter space with an island
- Open space for games and activities
- 2 bathrooms and coatroom
- Additional 30 minutes for party set-up
What you Provide:
- Party Decorations (NO BALLOON POLICY)
- Food (cake, drinks, snacks, pizza,etc)
- Plates, cups, napkins, utensils, table clothes, matches, wrap/bags for leftovers, etc.
- 1 parent/chaperone per 6 children
For more information or to schedule a party date, please call the CHA at 973-376-3587 or e-mail at email@example.com
Sponsor an Animal
The purpose of us having animals at the Arboretum is to provide an educational opportunity for local students and visitors to learn more about the animals’ habitats, diets, survival techniques and care. We hope this exposure will heighten public awareness to the needs of all kinds of animals and promote behaviors that will allow us to share our planet with all other living things in a sustainable and respectful way. Our Sponsor an Arboretum Animal Program allows you to sponsor your favorite animal to help pay for its food, housing and veterinary care for a full or half year.
When you sponsor an Arboretum animal, you will receive:
- A personalized Sponsor an Arboretum Animal certificate
- Your name (individual or group) on an sign that is posted on your animal’s shelter in the Stone House.
- A fact sheet on your animal
- An invitation to attend a special breakfast with the Environmental Eagles. Only those in the Sponsor an Arboretum Animal Program are invited.
All donations are tax-deductible. On behalf of the staff and animals at the Arboretum, we thank you for considering a Sponsorship!
Sponsor an Animal
for a registration form.
Spring Break Mini Camp
April 6-10, 2015
Explorers: 9am-3pm (Please bring a lunch and snack!)
Turlte Tots: 9am-12noon (Please bring a lunch and snack!)
Spend the week at Cora Hartshorn Arboretum exploring the plants and animals that emerge in the Spring! Our experienced educators will guide hands on activities that explore different topics each day!
For ages 3-5 (Turtle Tots) and grades K-3 (Explorers).
Please pack a lunch and snack!
Call: 973-376-3587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Summer Nature Discovery Camp
One-week sessions beginning June 29-August 21
Turtle Tots: 9am-12:30pm
Explorers: 9am- 3pm
Hawks: 9am-3pm (Only offered select weeks)
Each week of Nature Discovery Camp will explore a different Nature Theme. Campers will spend the day exploring that theme through guided investigations, outdoor exploration, and crafts. Please bring a lunch and snack and dress for the outdoors!
View the weekly themes here: Themes_2015.pdf
Turtle Tots Explorers Hawks
Please call 973-376-3587 or email email@example.com for registration assistance.
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Join us for our annual celebration of Arbor Day. A fun-filled day for the whole family with food, crafts, nature walks and live animals!
Pre-registration by April 27th is strongly suggested.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.