January 09, 2015
Job Openings- Summer Nature Camp Educators
Position: SUMMER CAMP ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR
Description: The Cora Hartshorn Arboretum (CHA) is looking for enthusiastic educators for our Nature Discovery Camp program. This is a hands-on, field position that involves teaching and managing campers in outdoor, environmental, and recreational activities. Summer Camp Educators must be committed to work with the CHA staff for 3 training days and 8 weeks of day-camp. (Monday to Friday).
Dates: June 24, 2015 to August 21, 2015
Location: Cora Hartshorn Arboretum, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Teaching weekly themed, preapproved curriculum to campers between 3-5 years; 6-8 years; or 9-11 years of age.
- Lead and supervise outdoor activities relevant to the Nature Discovery Camp weekly themes.
- Lead and supervise craft activities relevant to the Nature Discovery Camp weekly themes.
- Daily maintenance of education and outdoor equipment and materials.
- Daily set-up and clean-up of classroom space and program materials.
- Other tasks as needed.
Requirements: Graduate or working towards a degree in Environmental Science, Education, Biology, Botany, Forestry, or related field. Must be: comfortable spending a majority of time outdoors; have a basic knowledge of outdoor recreation and natural sciences; capable of managing a group of 6 to 10 children. Some knowledge of New Jersey ecology and natural history, crafts in nature, orienteering, hiking/backpacking, floral and faunal identification is a plus. First aid and CPR certification a plus (CHA can provide certification if necessary).
Salary: $11/hour paid on a bi-monthly basis and Workman's Compensation Insurance provided to all staff.
or mail to 324 Forest Drive South, Short Hills, NJ 07078